When a procuring activity contracting officer indicates his or her formal intent to award a procurement requirement, 13 CFR 124.502- 3 (c), as an 8(a) contract by submitting a written offering letter to SBA. The letter to SBA may be by electronic mail or by facsimile, as well as by mail or commercial delivery service.
An offering letter must contain the following information:
- A description of the work to be performed.
- The estimated period of performance.
- The SIC (NAICS) code that applies to the principal nature of the acquisition.
- The anticipated dollar value of the requirement, including options, if any.
- Any special restrictions or geographical limitations on the requirement.
- The location of the work to be performed for construction procurements.
- Any special capabilities or disciplines needed for contract performance.
- The type of contract to be awarded, such as Firm Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursement, or Time & Materials.
- The acquisition history, if any, of the requirement. If no history, it must say “New” requirement.
- The names and addresses of any small business contractors that have performed on this requirement during the previous 24 months.
- A statement that prior to the offering, no solicitation for the specific acquisition has been issued as a small business set-aside, or as a small disadvantaged business set-aside, if applicable. And, that no public communication (such as FedBizOps) has been made showing the procuring activity’s clear intent to use any of these means of procurement.
- Identification of any specific participant that the procuring activity contracting officer nominates for award of a sole source 8(a) contract.
- Bonding requirements, if applicable.
- Identification of all participants that have expressed an interest in being considered for the acquisition.
- Identification of all SBA field offices, which have requested that the requirement be awarded through the 8(a) BD Program.
- A request, if appropriate, that a requirement whose estimate contract value is under the applicable competitive threshold, be awarded as an 8(a) competitive contract.
- Any other information that the procuring activity deems relevant or which SBA requests.
SBA Point of Contact for Direct Award Contracts
Business Opportunity Specialist
U.S. Small Business Administration
San Diego District Office
550 W. C Street, Suite 550
San Diego CA 92101
USS Company Information
Company Name: United Support Services, Inc.
Cage code: 3EXE3
Address: 713 Mission Avenue, Suite C
Oceanside, CA 92054
Point of contact: Michael M. Fernandez, President
Phone number: 760-688-0115
Fax Number: 760-688-0111
E-mail address: MF@USScompany.com
8(a) Certification: Yes, through August 16, 2022
Socioeconomic data: SBA 8(a) / Certified Small Disadvantage Business, also SDVOSB and HUB Zone
System for Award Management (SAM): Registered